Happy Thursday! Oh I just love my Tuesdays and Thursdays. The way my schedule works out, Tuesdays and Thursdays are stocked full, while holding a relaxed, at ease attitude, and …the best part… music! Ahhhh, I love me some music. I go straight from a vocal lesson, to eat breakfast, to work, to choir, and then I’m done by 3:00 pm. Which leaves the perfect amount of time to get in a good workout.
Okay, OK, I’m sure you guys are sick of my tyrants about the weather, but, I must say… It’s B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L outside! Hooray! Finally! Minnesota had this huge
winter ‘spring’ snow storm last week on Thursday and Friday, which left us with more drifts and shoveling to deal with. This girl right here had unfortunately taken all of her snow gear home the last time she was home however, so she wore rain boots, and lots of socks. Lots and lots of them. Fortunately, The weather blew right my way on my 20th birthday, which was on Sunday, leaving no more snow to be left in sight (que evil laugh). So I spent my weekend frolicking around in the great outdoors as much as I could.
Now that it is finally beginning to warm up outside, I am seeing a lot of my fellow classmates wearing spring colors in their outfits as well as a considerably shocking amount of shorts and dresses. I haven’t been that bold to wear short dresses or shorts, but I have broken out my spring shoes and capris! In honor of spring finally coming, it is time to prepare our bodies for this warm weather. I am beginning to prep my skin for the exposure of bare legs, and I would like my legs to not look dry and crusty and have people running away in horror at the sight of them. With this being said, I am exfoliating my skin like you cannot believe. I thought I’d share my must-have products that nurture your body year-round, but this time being specifically focused for spring. So here are my top products on a budget, for those budget fanatic college junkies like me:
Spring Beauty on a Budget
1. Coola Mineral Sunscreen- I have a Birchbox account (thanks to my middle sister Rachel!) in which I receive a box full of sample goodies each month- like a magazine subscription, but for products! My most recent box had Coola. I know many of us gals want to be tan beauties, but trust me- we don’t look pretty when we look like lobsters! Cancer isn’t that attractive, trust me ladies. I always put sunscreen on before I do my primer and other make up cycles every morning, and this stuff works wonders! It feels light and airy and doesn’t make it feel like you are wearing a thick layer of frosting on your face. Careful though, this stuff is $36.00 just for 1.7oz! Yikes! I don’t know about you, but that’s a little out of my price range. In which case, this brings us to #2! (However, I must say, this stuff is magic.) Don’t worry ladies, you will look golden beautiful with sunscreen too!
2. Rimmel London BB Cream- This stuff is pretty nifty! Of course, we all know the hype about BB creams now, which means that you can skip the process of putting on sunscreen because this stuff has it built in! Which means, you are saving yourself a couple bucks! I have been using this stuff for a few years now and love it; it hides those tricky blemishes and makes my skin look flawless while nourishing it all throughout the day. I get mine at Target for $7 (1 oz.) but you can also find it here.
3. Vasanti Brighten Up Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator- Remember how I said I am exfoliating like crazy? Well this stuff is the power blaster of all exfoliators! It has enzymes built into the product along with micro-beads that work together as a splendid team. The micro-beads wipe away any dry, dead and dull skin, while the enzymes rejuvenate and brighten the new skin. Again, I got this stuff in my Birchbox, so it’s not exactly a penny-pincher in any means. ($34 for 4.23oz) in which case, I additionally recommend a diy exfoliator that I love to use on not only my face, but my body!
- 3 Tablespoons of coffee grounds
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of honey
For this diy exfoliant, the coffee works as the micro beads, and the natural properties of the coffee work to brighten up the face for a nice glow! The olive oil (or you can use coconut oil) works as a moisturizer, and then the honey is a natural enzymatic property to help slough away any dead skin cells! To use it just rub onto face (and/or legs and arms like I do as well) and very gently massage onto skin with your fingers for a minute or two. (Hint: Put it on in the shower before you turn on the water to do your normal routine, as this will be a little messy) Then rinse and treat skin with your normal routine. I love this diy recipe; it’s quick, easy, and did I mention cheap? Of course, most kitchens already have these ingredients tucked away in the pantries!
4. Aveeno Smart Essentials Anti-Fatigue Eye Treatment- I love this. I also love Aveeno; they always use healthy and non-harsh ingredients for your body and the environment, and I am all about that stuff. It’s so small and compact you can take it with you wherever you go for easy travel. When applying it has a rolling ball point applicator and the cream mixed with the roller is so soothing with a nice, gentle, cool feeling. Careful though, it can sting when you apply to dry skin so make sure you lotion it up before applying. I use this morning and night after I wash my face and it takes care of any dark circles that you may have from pulling those all-nighters when cramming for an exam or paper. You can find this at Target for approximately $10. I know, it’s a little up there, but it will last for forever and is totally worth it.
5. Vaseline Total Moisture Body Lotion- Of course, we all need just a nice, simple lotion. I like this stuff because it is fresh smelling and doesn’t feel sticky and clammy when you apply it. In honor of the spring season, I am now applying this stuff to my legs, tummy, arms and back every night before bed. This way, while you are cuddled up in bed with thoughts of sugar plums in your head, your skin is getting a good drink of that hydration and you will wake up feeling and looking amazing… minus the bed head or drool- sorry, I can’t help that issue on my end either. You can get this stuff at Walmart or Target for about $3.50 for a 13 oz bottle- not too shabby, eh?!
6. L’oreal Sublime Bronze Lotion- Alright. We all know how this story goes. We want to look radiantly gorgeous, but we also don’t want cancer, and we also don’t want to turn our skin orange. Yep, we just can’t win here ever! Oh wait…Yes we can! Here’s a little secret; After you do your shower exfoliating coffee thing, jump out of the shower and apply your lotion everywhere- After rubbing off all your dead skin, your new skin needs a little pick me up and moisture! But wait…pair it with this bronzing lotion. I take a little dollop of the bronzer, and a little dollop (equal parts) of lotion and mix it together in my palms and then apply it to my skin like regular lotion. Then you are hydrating, and looking goldenly gorgeous while not turning orange! Hooray! What I especially like about this bronzer is that it smells really good, and has little gold flecks in it, so your skin actually shimmers! I find mine at Walmart for $9, 5 oz.
7. Garnier Fructis Style Sleek and Shine Anti-Humidity Smoothing Milk- Whew! What a mouthful. But seriously, this product is really nice. Apply it when your hair is damp, and it will dry as a smooth, non-poofy mess, especially in the soon to come humid days. You can find this at Walmart for $4, for 5 oz. It lasts for quite sometime, because a little bit goes a long way!
8. Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream- The title says it all. I have been using this stuff for about a month now, and I am not even kidding you- it perfects! I have a somewhat of a trouble area when it comes to my face and acne, and this stuff works wonders. Yes, I still have to do the whole acne treatment routine, but it will rid your skin of any blemishes such as scars, redness, or sun spots! It’s like the title says, a BB cream for your body. You will see noticeable changes within 3 days. Again, I got this in another Birchbox, however, this stuff is easier to find in your regular grocery stores and is relatively cheaper. You can get this for $12, for 7.5 oz. Again, not the best price, but it’s better than others, and the results are soooo worth it!
9. Up&Up Pre-Brush Mouth Rinse- Nothing too fancy here. The thing here that is saving yourself a few bucks is the generic brand. I love em’! But in all seriousness, this stuff is a double, no triple whammy. I use this every night before bedtime as a normal mouth rinse EXCEPT you use this BEFORE you brush your teeth. This way it kills all the germs, whitens your teeth, and loosens all the plaque and buildup from what you ate throughout the day; making the brushing process easier, and more effective for cleaner, healthier, and whiter teeth! Talk about a tri-unity. You can get this at Target for $4 for 32 oz, wow! what a save!
10. (NOT PICTURED) Water- Of course, H2O is the best way to keep yourself looking young, rejuvenated, and healthy! Did I mention it’s free?!
Well that’s it folks! I hope you like my spring budget snatches! It’s time to go refresh yourselves now! 🙂
What are your favorite products?
Until next time, I hope you are enjoying this lovely weather and are snatching up every wonderful moment in your lives.